Minutes of Board Meeting
January 17, 2017
Sally Brickell, Co-President
Rex Clark, Co-President
Elizabeth Reilly, Vice President
April Stein, Co-Treasurer
Cathy Lee, Co-Treasurer
Cindy Calloway, Grant & Projects Co-Chair
Joel Bloom, Grants & Projects Co-Chair, Secretary Pro Tempore
Henry Turner, Principal
- Just Think Expo. Discussion of January 23 event and request for volunteers.
- Making the Most of Your High School Years. Discussion of Febuary 13 event. No action taken.
- School Council. Informed by Sally that NSHS School Council was in favor of later school day start time, and that NNHS School Council has not set forth a preference at this point.
- Educational Excellence. Agreement to defer the discussion of making a PTSO donation to a later date. Also, discussion of desirability of identifying new co-chairs or at least a volunteer to manage fundraising for EdEx.
- Ty Vignone. Approval of donation of $100 for student travel as part of Vignone memorial. Rex will insert a PayPal button on website for donations at request of Anna Ford.
- Tiger Athletics Booster Club. Discussion of need for a president and secretary (already have treasurer) and the desirability to set it up as a tax-exempt entity.
- Dover Legacy Scholars. Line item is being removed from budget for 2017 ($3500), because no additional funds are required for this year.
- PTSO will include $1550 in annual budget for Mountain Classroom, basketball game, and yearbook to support specific special education programs that occur annually.
- Grants and Projects. Henry Turner will speak with Alison Malkin to see if the mental-health-related grant requests can be funded from the mental health Ed Ex money. Cindy and Joel will follow up on the few requests that require further clarification. The PTSO allocated $10,000 extra to Grants and Projects for this year. Grants and Projects budget will be increased to $12,000 for next year.