March 9, 2017
Beginning this evening, when you login to Skyward, you will be able to view courses that have been recommended by teachers. As your student adds course requests, you will be able to monitor their progress. Please note that only students can add/edit/delete requests. Parent access is view only.
A few important notes:
- The link to Skyward is always on the NNHS website. You can go there directly by clicking HERE.
- Note that all registration related directions and calendars, along with the course catalog, are available on the NNHS Course Registration Webpage here: http://www.newton.k12.ma.us/domain/1163
- NNHS Student Instructions for Adding Requests.pdf
- NNHS Parent Instructions for Viewing Requests.pdf
- The online course request window is from 5 p.m. this evening (March 9) until 8 a.m. on Friday, March 17. Courses must be reviewed, and electives must be added, during this window. (Note that although making a request earlier does not increase the likelihood that a student will get a class, making requests earlier will increase the likelihood that your student can get help if he/she has questions about course requests and/or problems with Skyward.)
- During this time period, students may decide to make choices about curriculum levels in order to ensure a well-balanced schedule. Students cannot make level changes themselves. Students will need to see their school counselor to make level changes to improve balance.
- If you or your student have questions about courses that have been recommended by a classroom teacher, you should contact the classroom teacher directly.
- If you or your student have questions about their overall course selection, you should contact your child's school counselor.
- If you have any trouble logging in to Skyward, please contact your child's house office or the NNHS main office.
Please keep in mind that the choices students make at this stage impact the number of staff we hire each year and how we structure the school’s schedule. It is important that the course choices be considered very carefully because it will not be possible to make changes after March 29. (Exceptions are made for level changes recommended by teachers after March 29.)
Important policy change recently approved by the NNHS Academic Standards Committee:
- Course Withdrawal Policy: A student who withdraws from a course, beginning on the first day of school, will receive a final grade of “W” for that course. The “W” will appear on the student’s report card and transcript.
Thanks so much,