Want to know how students use the library at Newton North and how the librarians work with students? Join the PTSO for an informative hour in the Library Learning Commons (LLC) on Wednesday, May 31, at 8:00 a.m. You will
- Hear how the LLC teachers collaborate with subject teachers to broaden students’ understanding of their curriculum and to teach research skills
- Learn how the LLC teachers encourage and support reading for school and pleasure
- Identify tools you can use to encourage your teen to read, including e-reading resources (fiction and nonfiction books and magazines) through the LLC
- Hear about promotions and strategies that the librarians use to get books into students' hands
- See the library in action on a typical day
BONUS: Hear how this year’s Educational Excellence funds will be used to bring thought-provoking speakers to Newton North in the LLC and beyond!
Coffee will be provided.
Learn more about the Library Learning Commons at http://www.northptso.org/node/2126.