The Recycling Club is excited to offer several events on Tuesday, May 23, in delayed honor of Earth Day. Information on the sessions is as follows:
B Block: Sustainable Agriculture--Alison Scorer from Newton Community Farm will discuss the important connection between our food and the environment.
C Block: Environmental Journalism Panel--Panelists will discuss their work in environmental journalism and reporting and the role it plays in environmental awareness and action.
D block: Student projects. Below are some of the students who will be sharing their work and original research related to the environment.
- Tharun Kannan and Mukund Desibhatla--Sustainable Soap
- Greengineering students--Greengineering projects
- Spencer Bowman and Jack Vasu--Aquaponics
- Isabel Joyce and Anna Bosco--Bio Independent Research Project: Simple Sustainability
G Block (lunch): Green Expo--outside of the cafeteria for all three lunches. Newton North environmental clubs as well as local green organizations will be present. (No sign up needed - just walk Main Street).
F Block: Newton Panel--Panelists will discuss their work on sustainability and environmental issues in Newton. Here are the panelists.
- Waneta Trabert, Solid Waste and Recycling Manager for Newton
- Ann Berwick, co-director of Sustainability for Newton
- Marian Rambelle, chair of Newton's Solid Waste Commission
- Marcia Cooper, president of Green Newton.