Newton North’s “Back to School Night” is Wednesday 9/27. Before Wednesday, please download and print your personal schedule for the evening from the portfolio in Skyward (see link at https://www.newton.k12.ma.us/nnhs). The name of the attachment in the portfolio that you must print and bring with you is “North BTSN 2017-18” Note that the portfolio is not available from the Skyward Phone App. Please be sure to print this document before Wednesday night.
You are invited to follow your student’s schedule and get a feel for a day in the life of a Newton North High School student. Throughout the evening, teachers will present an overview of the curriculum for each class. Administrators will also be available.
The schedule for this evening is as follows:
- 6:00pm Support with accessing Skyward FamilyAccess will be available in the NNHS Library for families who have difficulty printing their student's schedules at home.
- 6:00pm Student directories will be distributed on Main Street.
- 6:00pm ELL Back to School Night meeting in room 409.
- 6:00pm Meeting of METCO parents in room 132- the International Café.
- 6:00pm EDCO Back to School Night meeting in room 473
- 6:30pm Special Ed general info session in the Film Lecture Hall (right by the main office)
- 7:00-8:50pm Follow your student’s schedule in order to visit classes and meet classroom teachers. (please be sure to download and print your schedule before Wednesday night)
- 9:00-9:30pm Student directories will be distributed on Main Street.
Notes: Please attend homeroom to meet the homeroom teacher. If your student has a "Study Hall Fall" or "Focused Study" on their schedule, please use this time to visit Main Street. Teachers will not be staffing study halls tonight. Please be aware that parking for the evening is going to be difficult. We encourage parents to carpool or walk if possible. Do not park opposite driveways, other vehicles, or in areas that are restricted. Please do not park within five feet of a driveway.
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday night,
NNHS Vice Principal