Under the skilled leadership of co-chairs Joel Bloom and Jane Stackpole, Grants and Projects funds have been allocated. Your PTSO dues are being used this year to fund many things--small and large--that will enhance students' educational experiences at Newton North. Here are a few examples of what funds will be used for.
- Art supplies for Main Street mural project
- Supplies and machines for biotech classrooms and biology labs
- Kitchen supplies for Community Connections program
- Bungee chairs for classroom reading area
- Books to better reflect population diversity and to appeal to English language learners
- Writing workshops by author Melinda Lo in the Library Learning Commons
- Classroom posters to reflect curriculum themes
- Supplies for Greengineering students
- Elizabethan costumes for 9th and 10th grade English classes
- Cellphone pouches to reduce classroom distraction
- Assessments for language proficiency tests
- Social thinking life skills curriculum for students in Connections and ABA programs
Thank you to all of the parents/guardians who support the PTSO financially!
Teacher comments appear below.
Thank you so much for sharing this exciting update with us! We (staff and students) are thrilled to utilize these funds to improve our students' life skills and vocational skills in the kitchen. We will be in touch again soon, prior to January 1, to receive reimbursement.
Melissa Levin, LICSW, Transition Specialist
Thank you! What great news to receive before break.
Erin, Lauren and Kate, Library Learning Commons
Thank you SO very much for rewarding the ELL program with this generous grant. I can't tell you how excited we are about this!
Maria Hegarty, ELL teacher