Dear Sophomore Parent/Guardian,
As the Newton North Counseling Department works to support your children throughout their second year of high school, we want to support parents/guardians as well. As a result, we invite you to the following:
3-Week Sophomore Parent Group
February 13, February 27, and March 6
9:05 a.m. to 10:20 a.m.
This 3-week, group series will be facilitated by school counselors who will provide a forum for parents/guardians to talk to each other about what is going on with your 10th grade child.
- The possible topics to focus on and discuss may be the following:
- Life at Newton North High School (Academic/Social)
- Internet use/social networking/texting
- Ground rules/consequences
- Communication with family vs. friends
- Social/emotional issues
- Drugs and alcohol use
If you are interested in attending any or all of the groups, R.s.v.p. to Donna Harper, Counseling Department secretary, at email@example.com.
Counseling Department Chair