Newton North depends on the generosity and energy of parent/guardian volunteers to help keep our community informed, connected, and strong. Can you help? We have immediate openings, with varying time commitments. Please consider the excellent opportunities, below, which will allow you to connect more deeply with the vibrant school community and other parents/guardians. If you prefer, we can match your interests with needed roles. Have questions or want to volunteer? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available committee roles for 2019-20:
(The number in parentheses indicates how many openings):
- At-large board member (up to 2): This position helps guide the strategic direction of the PTSO and oversees volunteer/community engagement. Are you a people person? This may be the gig for you.
- Celebration co-chair (1): Work with our current co-chair to oversee the post-prom party for all seniors (late May/early June). Event-planning and team-leading skills helpful. Time commitment: February through early June, three hours per week.
- Communications (1-2): Help the current co-chairs craft the messages that keep our community informed. A keen interest or background in writing, journalism, or marketing makes you a great fit, but we will train willing workers. Time commitment can vary, from two hours to one day a week.
- Educational Excellence campaign (1): Join our returning co-chair, Melissa Kontaridis, to oversee the annual PTSO check-writing campaign that will raise money this year for Tiger Talks, the program that funds outside speakers and presenters at Newton North. Time commitment: Now through February, three hours per week.
- Nominating (3): Work will begin in December to recruit volunteers for the PTSO board and committee chair roles for 2020-2021. Did you come from Bigelow or Day? A local private school? We need you all.
Interested? Please contact email@example.com.