NNHS parent conferences are coming up; please read and save this important information.
Mark your calendar
- Conferences will be held on Thursday, November 29, from 4:00-7:00 p.m., and Tuesday, December 4, from 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- The system will accept reservations from Tuesday, November 13, at 6:00 p.m. to Monday, November 19, at 8:00 a.m. For new families, please be aware that slots fill up quickly.
- If you do not have access to a computer, please call the Main Office on Tuesday, November 13, at 617-559-6200.
- To make sure that all parents have the opportunity to see teachers, there will be two phases to the sign-up process.
- During the first phase of sign-ups, from 6pm on 11/13 until 6pm on 11/16, you may only schedule a maximum of 3 teacher conferences per child.
- During the second phase of sign-ups, from 6pm on Friday 11/16 until 8am on Wednesday 11/21, you may sign up for a maximum of 3 additional conferences. Total conferences CANNOT exceed 6 per child.
To do BEFORE logging in
- Preview your child’s report card to determine which teachers you would like to meet with. (Report Cards will be posted in Aspen during the day on 11/13. Email will be sent home when the report card is posted.)
- List of teachers you would like to schedule appointments with
- Be sure to have your Student’s LASID. This number can be found in Aspen on your students profile referred to as their Local ID. You can also find it located at the top of your student’s report card.
How to login to Pick-A-Time and schedule appointments (Beginning on Tuesday, November 13, at 6:00 p.m.)
- Go to the Parent/Teacher Conference Reservation System web site through either Pick-A-Time web site: pickatime.com/client?ven=11613625 or Newton North High School’s web site: nnhs.newton.k12.ma.us/ where there is a link to Pick-A-Time’s web site.
- Enter email address and password and choose Log in/Create New Account
- At the next screen, complete required fields
- You will need your Student’s ID number - also referred to as their LASID
- You will need to enter the student’s Birthdate (00/00/0000)
- Next select the date you would like to schedule the conferences
- If you need to schedule appointments for multiple students, you will see an option to add another student once you have selected a date
- Each teacher is color coded and you select a time by clicking in one of the time slot boxes
- Any slot that is white, the teacher is not available. Any slot that is black, the teacher is already scheduled
- The system will not allow you to schedule back to back appointments. You need to schedule conferences in every other time slot
- At the top of the page under “Your Schedule,” you will see options where you can cancel or change any times you scheduled
- Next to your name at the top of the page, you can print out a copy of your schedule
- They system will automatically email a copy to you
- If you have any questions, concerns or issues, please email NNHSparentconferences@gmail.com
- Video tutorial available here: youtube.com/watch?v=E-ajBHrDEic
Please note that we are offering a number of complimentary services to facilitate your participation. Childcare will be available by calling Michelle Ramsdell at 617-559-6226. You can arrange a ride to and from the conferences by calling Veteran’s Cab at 617-527-0300. Ask them to use the NNHS Principal Fund Account for your fare. If you would like translation services, please contact your student’s school counselor. Thank you to the Newton North PTSO for funding these services.