The Newton North Counseling Department invites parents/guardians of 9th graders to a discussion series in December. You may attend one, two, or three sessions!
When: Three consecutive Mondays: December 3, 10, and 17
Time: From 8:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
Where: December 3--Room 103, December 10--International Cafe, December 17--International Cafe
These three sessions will facilitated by counselors who will allow parents/guardians to discuss topics such as the following:
- Life at Newton North High School (Academic/Extra-curricular)
- Social/Emotional Concerns
- Internet Use/ Social Networking/ Texting
- Driving with others
- Ground Rules/Consequences
- Teen dating, “Friends with benefits,” and violence
- Communication w/family, friends, school
- Family Quality Time
- Drug and Alcohol Use