The MBTA is proposing changes to Newton bus routes including the 52 which goes down Parker St. and stops in front of Oak Hill. Below is a very brief summary of proposed changes to MBTA buses 59 and 52. To see the full details and comment on the draft proposal visit BetterBus@mbta.com.
- Bus 59 from Watertown past NNHS, Library, Highlands T, Needham St to Needham Commuter Rail Stop
- Double bus frequency and eliminate alternate Eliot St route. No extension of hours.
- Bus 52 from Watertown, past Newton Center, Oak Hill and Brown Middle Schools, Oak Hill to Dedham Mall
- Eliminate Winchester/Nahanton St alternate route for permanent Wheeler route. No increase in frequency or extension of hours.
- Express buses to Boston 501, 502, 503, & 504 and bus 60 on Route 9.
Comments on these proposed changes and suggestions for other changes need to be made before March 13 at BetterBus@mbta.com