Planning for Celebration, the PTSO's annual post-prom party for all seniors, begins now. The event date is Friday, May 31, and several team leaders are still needed.
Getting involved when your student is in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade is a way of “paying it forward” for the year when your son or daughter is a senior. Getting involved as the parent of a senior gives you an inside look at all that goes into this special event.
The PTSO is very fortunate to have a new Celebration co-chair, Betty Sierra, who has bravely volunteered as the parent of a freshman. Now Betty needs a co-chair! Please give serious consideration to stepping forward to serve with Betty. The Celebration team can't wait to have you on board.
- Co-chair: The co-chairs oversee the Celebration event and coordinate responsibilities with the individual team leaders.
- Food team leader: The Food team leader is responsible for planning and managing the food stations during the event.
- Casino team leader: The casino team leader is responsible for overseeing the casino set-up and managing the casino dealers and cashiers during Celebration.
- Chaperone team leader: The chaperone team leader is responsible for overseeing the chaperone team during the event.
- Event set up team leader: The event set up team leader is responsible for overseeing the set up volunteers during the event.
- Storage unit team leader: The storage unit team leader is responsible for retrieving the items in the storage unit and delivering them to an Area Decorator team leader several weeks prior to the event. The day following the event the team leader is responsible for bringing items back to the storage unit. Note: SUV or mini-van will be required.
- Clean-up team leader: The clean-up team leader is responsible for overseeing a team of volunteers to clean the event space post event. This includes sorting and storing decorations and placing rental equipment in designated areas for pick up.