Many thanks to all of the families who paid their PTSO dues, donated to Educational Excellence, attended Northside Dining Adventure, and supported Celebration this year! With your help, Newton North did many important things, including purchasing cutting-edge science equipment for labs and classrooms.
The PTSO is your direct connection for supporting your student's school. The PTSO funds many Newton North activities and events, both educational and social. Here is a partial list of what your money pays for.
- Grants for teachers to enhance students' academic experiences
- Support for the Library Learning Commons
- Principal’s Discretionary Fund (used for food, water, speakers, etc.) and Principal's Student Assistance Fund (provides equal access to supplies and activities for students in need)
- Teacher and staff appreciation events
- PTSO educational events for students and parents/guardians (Just Think: Teens Making Smart Choices, talks by experts in adolescent development, and much more)
- Newton North Directory software and printing
- Operation Bold Paint (Newton Serves) supplies
- Junior and Senior prom mandatory bus transportation
- Parent-teacher conference software
The recommended dues donation for 2019-20 will be $50 per family; every participating family will receive a Newton North High School Directory at Back to School Night, along with online and mobile access. Please respond promptly to your summer directory confirmation/dues payment reminders, and please consider supporting the Principal's Student Assistance Fund when you make your contribution. Thank you!