Newton PTOs are partnering with NPS administration and the School Committee to form a Food Service Advisory Group (FSAG). The purpose of this group is to create a two-way dialogue between families and NPS food service partner--Whitsons Culinary Group--so that food service in the Newton Public Schools meets expectations and can be continuously improved. The group will comprise family representatives from each school, a School Committee representative, and a Whitsons' representative. Representatives from FSAG will periodically meet with NPS staff and Whitsons' staff to share feedback gathered by the school representatives.
We are currently looking for one NNHS student and one NNHS parent/guardian to join the FSAG. Please see the Job Description below and, if you are interested, please send a written statement to email@example.com
- One meeting per month (time/day TBD) starting in June 2019
- Members will meet monthly to share feedback, share positive work, identify concerns, and suggest adjustments.
- Members will be responsible for gathering feedback from their respective schools and sharing that feedback in a constructive and meaningful way with NPS and Whitsons.
- At least one child in representative school
- Experience with and knowledge of Newton Food Service
- High level of interest in food service, including nutrition and sustainability
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative and positive attitude